- 3 lbs chuck roast
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup red or white wine (optional)
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp minced garlic
- 28 oz crushed tomatoes with juice
- 3/4 cup thin sliced onion
- 1 1/2 cup red bell pepper or roasted red peppers (cored seeded & sliced)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup green olives with pimentos
- 2 tbsp cilantro (optional)
Combine the beef broth, wine, salt, pepper, cumin, oregano, paprika, garlic, and crushed tomatoes into the slow cooker. Stir.
Add the chuck roast and flip it around in the sauce so it gets coated.
Add the red pepper, onion, cilantro and olives on top of the meat.
Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours on LOW until the meat is tender and falling off the bone.
Shred the meat with 2 forks right in the slow cooker & serve with spanish rice or mashed potatoes.