Easy slow cooker recipes that I can set in the morning and have dinner ready for Ray in the evening are still on the menu plan.
I love these dump-set-forget-eat meals that can be served a variety of ways. Serve this tasty pot roast over couscous, mashed potatoes, noodles, or on a crusty roll.
- 1 beef Chuck Roast or Beef Shank, about 2-1/2-3 pounds
- 1 packet ranch dressing mix
- 1 packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 4 to 6 pickled pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup water
- Place beef Chuck Roast in a 5-1/2-8 quart slow cooker. Add ranch dressing mix, onion soup mix, black pepper, garlic, pepperoncinis and water. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 7 hours or on LOW 7 to 8 hours or until beef is fork-tender. (No stirring is necessary during cooking.)
- Turn off slow cooker and remove roast. Shred roast and return to slow cooker; combine. Serve warm over couscous, mashed potatoes or noodles or on a crusty roll.
Recipe inspired by and photo courtesy of Beef It's What's For Dinner.