Heritage Chicken - PREORDER
Pre-order a chicken from our September 30 harvest.
The price will be adjusted to actual weight at:
- $8 per pound for Whole Young chickens (3 1/2 - 5 lb)
- $9 per pound for Half Young chickens (1 1/2 - 2 1/2 lb)
- $7 per pound for Stew Hens (3 1/2 - 6 b)
you will be invoiced for the balance before delivery.
Heritage breed Partridge Chantecler Chickens are the idyllic "Slow-Growing" old-fashioned chickens like Julia Child cooked with and were found before the industrialization of poultry in the 1950's.
Heritage chicken has more flavor and texture to the meat because the birds are a minimum of 14-16 weeks of age at harvest (vs 35 days for industrial birds) and they run around and do chicken-y things while modern industrial chickens are more likely to sit by the feeder and wait for it to be filled.
Roast like a turkey, cook in a crockpot, smoke or slow cook on a grill.
- Pasture-Raised (raised on grass) free-range from hatch to harvest on Old Time Farm and supplemented with local non-GMO grains.
- Frozen whole chicken with neck on - no giblets.