Who We Are
To conserve and promote America's culturally diverse but endangered livestock and poultry breeds for future generations through education, sustainable breeding, and conservancy.
Old Time Farm Heritage Breeds:
Old Time Farm emerged from various life experiences ... growing up on a small family farm, breeding and showing dogs and horses, working in hospitals, researching nutritional & holistic treatments for friends and family members, and owning successful businesses.
Like many of you out there, we found ourselves...
- noticing the increase in cancer rates, allergies, gut issues, and diabetes in our friends and family while watching our foods stray from traditional cooking methods and sources.
- wondering where our food came from, what it was fed, how it was treated and how that impacts to our health
- discovering that excessive industrial production depletes the bodies and shortens the lives of animals, depletes the micro-nutrients and life in soils and the nutrients in our foods decline.
- realizing that nutrient density has little importance to industrial agriculture which focuses on cheap production of large quantities of food
- concerned that animals genetically selected for maximum production cannot live a normal life and industrial turkeys can no longer mate naturally which both impact our local food security.
- shocked to find a mere handful of corporations in the entire world own the modern parent stock or “genetics” for specialized industrial food production animals.
- questioning the sustainability of centralized industrial livestock genetics being the main source for local farms and the ramifications this had on our local food security.