Standard Bronze (Heritage) Turkey Fertilized Hatching Eggs $5 each or $50 per dozen. Our fertility is well over 90%. These birds descend from Good Shepherd Poultry Ranch (Frank Reese's) flock.
This item is for LOCAL SALES ONLY.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR YOUR ORDER!
- We offer no guarantee for hatching eggs.
- We have good fertility and hatchability, but there are many variables in incubation that may occur that may lead to a less than the ideal hatch.
- Only eggs of good shape and shell quality are offered - all eggs are candled before being packaged and we make every attempt to make sure the eggs are less than 2 days old.
- Old Time poultry has been selectively bred to breed standard for many generations but unwanted or undesirable characteristics may show up. We still have a lot of work to do!
- We reserve the right to refuse any order for any reason.
Learn more about our Standard Bronze Turkeys
Old Time Standard Bronze Turkeys are selectively bred for breed characteristics, according to the American Poultry Association (APA) Standard of Perfection.
Our heritage turkeys take 6 1/2 to 7 months to reach market weight and can fly. Turkey eggs take 28 days vs the 21 days for chicken eggs to hatch. Properly fed, hens dress at 12-16 lb and toms at 18-24 lb and can naturally reproduce.
We participate in the NPIP program (participant #23-601), our Standard Bronze flock is certified by the American Poultry Association and is also Certified Heritage.
The foundation for our breeding plan is health, vigor and good temperament - only healthy/vigorous birds are in our flock and there is no room on our farm for unpleasant birds. We select for structural soundness and production characteristics primarily using the Livestock Conservancy Heritage Turkey Manual as a guide, then use the APA Standard of Perfection along with guidance from our mentors and the writings found in our extensive library of books and articles for the breed-specific and finer points of selection. Our breeding pens are set up to minimize faults being duplicated in males and females (no bird is perfect).
Eggs of good quality are saved for incubation. We feed a custom, nutrient-dense breeder ration made with non-GMO grains for hatch-ability, the health of our flock and a good start to their offspring. Our breeding flock is also free-range or day range on pasture within poultry net paddocks.