Time to Pre-Order Chantecler Hatching Eggs & Day-Old Chicks
We are accepting pre-orders for 2019 Partridge Chantecler Hatching Eggs and Day-Old Chantecler Chicks.
Our Old Time Farm Partridge Chantecler chickens are selectively bred for breed characteristics, adhering to the American Poultry Association (APA) Standard of Perfection and the writings of Dr Wilkinson, the founder of the breed. This rare and endangered breed is noted for its balance of egg and meat production and is ideal for backyard farms or anyone wanting a productive fowl.
Partridge Chantecler Chicken Quick Facts:
- Conservation Status: “Critical” upgraded to "Watch" in 2016 due to the efforts of dedicated breeders.
- Use: Eggs, Meat
- Egg Color: Brown
- Egg Size: Large
- Temperament: Polite, gentle and personable
- Maternal Instincts: Faithful sitters and mothers
- Growth Rate: Slow growing - 16+ weeks to harvest, 6-8 months to lay
- Live weight: Male 8 ½ lbs +, Female 6 ½ lbs +
- Harvest weight: 3 ½ lbs - 7 ½ lbs
Every and every purchase of Partridge Chantecler Hatching Eggs and Day-Old Chantecler Chicks helps us 1) provide pasture-based, non-GMO antibiotic free feed 2) increase the size of our Heritage cattle herd and poultry flocks, and 3) ensure we have ample space for the next generation of animals.
Also in News
Do you really want all of your food options to be controlled by a handful corporate or foreign-owned businesses? I don't.