Turkeys are SOLD OUT for 2017.
Standard Bronze Turkey
- “Watch” conservation status by The Livestock Conservancy
- Created by colonists crossing domestic turkeys to wild turkeys
- Have a coppery sheen to their feathers, unlike local wild turkeys
- Our genetics have been selected for production for over 100 years
- MATE NATURALLY, unlike commercial turkeys
- Slow growing – 24+ weeks to processing
- Able to fly and like to roost well off the ground
- Personable, excellent foragers and like to range
- Hardy with excellent survivability for poults
- Seasonal layers of a large speckled egg
- Hens are faithful sitters and mothers
- Tom weight 25-36 lbs , Hen weight 16-20 lbs
The Livestock Conservancy Heritage Turkey Manual is a great resource for heritage turkey management and selection.